Welcome to our Members Area
For years, Threshold Society members have asked that a members-only area be a part of the Club Threshold online experience. Now it’s on its way! The Threshold web team is working tirelessly to bring you a new social experience. The site is currently a work-in-progress, but once the site is beta-tested in February, it can be launched in March. Signing up will be fairly simple, intuitive process.
To join our online platform, you will need to fill out a form and provide the following information:
- Username of your choosing (you will not be able to change it so choose well)
- Password of your choosing.
- Email address (the same one that was provided to membership during your Orientation)
- Scene name (as it appears on your Club Threshold identification card)
- Member ID Number (as it appears on your Club Threshold identification card)
After verification that your information matches our database, you will be granted member privileges.
What will Club Threshold’s Online Platform be like?
The features that our web team will be bringing you include, but are not be limited to, the following:
In order to make voting more accessible to our membership, there will be a section of our members area dedicated specifically to surveys, ballots, polling, and notifications.
- Members will be able to have a personal profile.
- Members may not have multiple profiles.
- Members will be able to choose a display name.
- Members will be able to write a biography text that is automatically posted on their profile, with no limitation on length.
- Members will be able to write their sexual orientations in a text field that will be automatically displayed on their profile.
- Members will be able to write their personal pronouns and gender identities in a text field that will be automatically displayed on their profile.
- Members will be able to describe their BDSM/Kink roles in a text field that will be automatically displayed on their profile.
- Members will be able to exchange private messages with any other member.
- Members will be able to indicate that they are “Friends” with another member, and thus receive notification of the Friend’s activity; for instance, which groups the Friend joins and what posts they make. Confirmation from the proposed Friend is required.
- Members’ profiles will, by default, be visible to all members, but members will be able to block other members.
The search feature will be deliberately limited to prevent members from finding users with specific characteristics, such as age, race, or gender. Also, writings cannot be searched by topic or keyword; they are only available via the author’s profile page.
- Members will be able to belong to groups, and the groups they are a part of will be displayed as part of their profiles.
- There will be groups dedicated to the communication, such as “Dungeon Monitors,” “Doorkeepers,” “Maintenance Crew,” “Club Threshold Members,” “board of Director,” and so on. Groups will be searchable by words in the group’s title.
Member-Contributed Content for Submissions
Members will be able to post writings, such as articles, erotica, and notes, as well as photographs. Posting of photographs not taken by the member themselves is not permitted, unless they are photos of said member.
Members will be able to comment on another member’s writing or photo. Comments are public and cannot be changed or deleted after posting.
We are taking steps to ensure that the majority of these issues will be resolved within a 24-hour time frame, but some issues may take up to 72 hours to resolve.
If you are a chairperson or board member and have access to an “@threshold.org” email address you can sign up for beta testing and try our new features! the purpose of this test period is or the Web Team to gain feedback in order to create the best experience possible for our membership.