Threshold membership not only supports our club and ensures that we are here to help people discover themselves, it also comes with many benefits:
- Members pay reduced prices for most Threshold parties and classes.
- Members get to attend our many “Member’s only” parties every month, and can bring up to two guests. (entrance fee applies)
- Members get to have a voice in what we do at Threshold by voting and by attending our monthly Business Meetings.
- Members get free admission to our yearly Member Appreciation Party.
- Members also get entrance into our sister organizations around the country just by showing their Threshold membership card.
Start the process
Attend one of our Orientations on the 1st Sunday of every month at 5pm, or the 3rd Saturday of every month at 5pm. We also have Orientations available during our major fundraising events! Here’s what you need to know in order to become a member:
- You must be 18 or older.
- You must attend a full Orientation. To learn more about our Orientations, including dates and times, follow this link.
- It is important to arrive to Orientation on time, as there is much information that you need to know prior to joining. Although we generally allow late-comers to attend up to 10 minutes past the start time, we must, unfortunately, turn away anyone who arrives later than that. No exceptions.
- Although our Orientations are open to the public and are free to attend, the cost of Membership, if you decide to join, is $25 per year (payable by cash, credit card or check).
- You will be required to fill out an application (which includes your legal name, date of birth, address and phone number), sign a waiver, and show valid I.D. (driver’s license, State I.D., military I.D., Passport).
If you are already a member and need to renew your membership, here’s what you need to know:
- You have up to two years after your membership expires in order to renew. After the two year mark you must re attend Orientation in order to sign up again.
- Renew by mail – Follow this link to download and print out a renewal application. Next, mail it in, along with a check or money order made payable to The Threshold Society, to the address below. You will receive your new card within a few days. If you do not want your card mailed to you, please include a note stating that you wish for it to be held at the club for you, and you’ll be able to pick it up the next time you visit us.
The Threshold Society
11300 Hartland St
North Hollywood, CA 91605
- Renew in person – Attend ANY Threshold event and ask the Gatekeeper at the door for a renewal application. Fill it out and pay your $25 fee and you will receive your new card within a few days. If you do not want your card mailed to you, please tell the Gatekeeper that you wish for it to be held at the club for you, and you’ll be able to pick it up the next time you visit us.
- Renew at an Orientation – Swing by any one of our Orientations, fill out a form and pay your fee and you’ll get your card right away!
FAQ about Membership
Do I HAVE to join Threshold to attend events?
No. Many of our events are Community events, which means they’re open to the public and do not require membership. While some Members Only events are strictly for members of Threshold (like Business Meetings, Board Meetings and Elections), it is possible for you to attend a Members Only party if you are the guest of a current member.
Do I have to show my legal I.D. at the door if I’m a Threshold member?
While most events only require that you show your Threshold membership card, our Gatekeepers may, at their discretion, ask for a legal I.D. to verify age.
Do I have to be a member in order to volunteer?
No! While there are some positions that require membership, there are many other opportunities to help Threshold that are available for anyone who loves and cares about our club. Don’t forget that we have been a volunteer run, non-profit organization since 1982. Everyone who works hard to keep our club running is a volunteer who does not get paid. If you are interesting in helping out in whatever way you can (no job is too small!) email us at Volunteers@threshold.org.
If I attend one of your Orientations, am I obligated to join?
Absolutely not. While attending Orientation is a mandatory requirement for membership with our club, it is also serves as a great way to get to know us and learn a little more about our community. If you’re nervous about attending a Threshold party or class and want to know ahead of time what we’re like and what you can expect, please join us at an Orientation and learn about us. It’s free!
I lost my membership card. Help!
No problem. Email us at Membership@Threshold.org and give us the legal name you originally filled in on your application and we’ll reprint a new one for you, free of charge. If you are uncomfortable emailing this information, simply attend any one of our Orientations (bring your legal I.D. please) and we’ll print a new card out right there and then. Easy peasy!
I want to renew but I’m not sure when my membership expired.
No problem. Email us at Membership@Threshold.org and give us the legal name you originally filled in on your application and we’ll let you know if you’re still eligible for renewal. If you are uncomfortable emailing this information, simply attend any one of our Orientations (bring your legal I.D. please) and we’ll let you know right there and then if you can renew.
If you have any questions about becoming a member, feel free to email us at Membership@threshold.org. We hope to see you cross the Threshold!