Threshold Play Space Etiquette
Your fellow members and guests are sharing a very private and intimate part of who they are with you when they play at a party. To that end, we ask that you give everyone the respect they deserve by:
- No Loud Talking (go to the kitchen, the foyer, or the patio).
- Be respectful of other’s headspace.
- Whisper or hold your conversation when you are near an area where play is going on. Irrelevant or loud talking can disrupt and ruin even the most intense play.
- Socialize and chat AWAY from play in progress.
- Heckling of scenes is not allowed.
- Attire: Keep in mind that you are helping to create the setting for everyone’s play, including your own. Dress as an extension of what play you want to engage in (i.e Role-playing) and try to avoid khaki shorts, Birkenstocks and a dirty wifebeater t-shirt unless that is your kink.
- When in doubt, wear black.
- Please don’t walk through or interrupt scenes. Scenes that disrupt or interrupt other scenes are prohibited. Interruption of Play Scenes is not permitted, except in clearly demonstrable and imminent emergencies (DM’s excepted). Do not get so close to a scene in progress that the concentration and enjoyment of the people involved is broken by you. Watch, but keep a respectful distance. Any concerns you have regarding a scene are to be taken to a Dungeon Monitor or Club Officer.
- Remember that cleanliness is a virtue. Clean your stations before and after play.
- Keep your toys nearby; you don’t want to mingle your toys with some else’s toys.
- Use the sign-up sheets.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions of DMs and Board Members.